Remember this post back in October 2010? Well, I have a confession to make....I haven't really been very good at tackling my list. Here's my progress so far.
1. Make an effort to find internal happiness by doing things I've always wanted to do.
Progress: For the past month, I have been reading fictions books at night. I used to love reading for fun when I was in high school. Actually, I've always enjoyed reading. Ben thinks I'm crazy but I find nothing more enjoyable than just sitting on the couch for several hours at a time getting swept up in a good book. Also, because I've been reading so much, I haven't really made much time to make cards but I also enjoy doing that. In fact, just tonight I made my niece B's birthday card. I'll have to post some examples of my cards in a separate post. Some of you reading this might have received my Christmas card. Well I made those, too. I enjoy making people cards that are specific for them.
2. Revamp my wardrobe and donate any items I no longer need to someone who could really use and appreciate them.
Progress: Last weekend, I went through my closet and got rid of a garbage bag of clothes and purses. Today, I went through some old sheets and blankets and packaged them up to donate to Goodwill. In regards to revamping my current wardrobe, I'm changed gears a little. See the next item for more clarification on that!
3. Remodel our spare bedroom. Good-bye hideous, floral wallpaper and hello modern craft/computer room!
Progress: I have been working hard to get as much "stuff" out of our spare bedroom as I can in order to prep for remodeling mode. (Hence, getting rid of the sheets and blankets.) My goal is to start tearing down the wallpaper very soon. In addition to remodeling the spare bedroom, I would also like to paint our dining room and install new flooring in our kitchen. I'm not for sure if all of that will actually happen, but I've decided that I would rather put money into making our house our home instead of more clothes.
4. Make a better effort to stay in touch with family and friends (like call my Grandma more often)
Progress: This is a work in progress. I feel as if I have been better in talking to my friends on the phone but this is an area I'm going to try to improve upon.
It feels good to be able to accomplish some of these items!
Sourdough French Bread
1 day ago

No comments:
Post a Comment