"There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven: a time to be born and a time to die, a time to plant and a time to uproot, a time to kill and a time to heal, a time to tear down and a time to build, a time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance, a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them, a time to embrace and a time to refrain, a time to search and a time to give up, a time to keep and a time to throw away, a time to tear and a time to mend, a time to be silent and a time to speak, a time to love and a time to hate, a time for war and a time for peace." Ecc. 3:1-8

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Changes


Do you ever get in a mood where you are ready for some changes in your life? Maybe you want to change your hairstyle, or your wardrobe, or your make-up. Maybe you are tired of your job or feel the desire to step out of your normal routine and book a vacation to somewhere that you have been dreaming of visiting. Maybe the changes you desire are more internal. For example, you decide to change your attitude or your overall outlook on life.

Sometimes I get in these moods. Right now, though, the changes I want to make are the following:

1. Make an effort to find internal happiness by doing things I've always wanted to do
2. Revamp my wardrobe and donate any items I no longer need to someone who could really use and appreciate them.
3. Remodel our spare bedroom. Good-bye hideous, floral wallpaper and hello modern craft/computer room!
4. Make a better effort to stay in touch with family and friends (like call my Grandma more often)

I am definitely a "list" type of person. I feel like I made an accomplishment when I am able to cross items off the list. By me writing my 'change items' publicly on this blog, I am hoping that after this busy week and even busier weekend, that maybe, just maybe, I'll be able to focus some time on the things I really want to change. I challenge you to make a 'change' list as well. I hope to update this in a couple weeks to share on my progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment