"There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven: a time to be born and a time to die, a time to plant and a time to uproot, a time to kill and a time to heal, a time to tear down and a time to build, a time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance, a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them, a time to embrace and a time to refrain, a time to search and a time to give up, a time to keep and a time to throw away, a time to tear and a time to mend, a time to be silent and a time to speak, a time to love and a time to hate, a time for war and a time for peace." Ecc. 3:1-8

Monday, October 18, 2010

Bacon Cheeseburger Roll-Ups

On Friday, I decided to try a new recipe. Again, I dug out my Simple and Delicious magazine. This particular recipe caught my eye because it was from a gal in Des Moines, Iowa! She stated that this recipe won a first place prize at the Iowa State Fair. Being from Iowa, I know that is secret code for being something that is very good! Ben and I both thought these were super good, so I wanted to be sure to share it.

Bacon Cheeseburger Roll-Ups
1 lb. ground beef
6 bacon strips, diced
1/2 chopped onion (I only used 1/4 cup which I thought was plenty)
1 pkg. (8 oz.) process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
1 tube (16.3 oz) large refrigerated buttermilk biscuits

In a large skillet, cook the beef, bacon, and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add cheese; cook and stir until melted. Remove from heat.

Flatten each biscuit into a 5 inch circle; spoon 1/3 cup beef mixture onto each biscuit. Fold sides and ends over filling and roll-up. Place seam side down on a greased baking sheet.

Bake at 400 degrees for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown.

Serve with ketchup and mustard.

Yield: 8 servings.
Photo from Taste of Home

No comments:

Post a Comment