"There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven: a time to be born and a time to die, a time to plant and a time to uproot, a time to kill and a time to heal, a time to tear down and a time to build, a time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance, a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them, a time to embrace and a time to refrain, a time to search and a time to give up, a time to keep and a time to throw away, a time to tear and a time to mend, a time to be silent and a time to speak, a time to love and a time to hate, a time for war and a time for peace." Ecc. 3:1-8

Thursday, September 30, 2010

A Season of Fall Activities

Several weeks ago, my parents, sister, and brother-in-law all went to my cousin's son's football game. (My hubby was working and was bummed that he didn't get to see him play.) Nothing says fall like a high school football game in Iowa! Also at the game were my aunt and uncle. It's always great to see family! My mom's sister married my dad's brother (get that?!) so since my aunt and uncle are on both sides of the family, we are all pretty close. Here are a few pictures from the game:

 Beautiful night for a football game!
 Go #23!
 Trey's on the far right
 Cousins; my cousin on the left, my sister on the right
 Sisters; my mom on the left, my aunt on the right
 Brothers; my uncle on the left, my dad on the right
Beautiful, Iowa sunset
Also with the weather changing, I got in my creative mode and made new fall wreath! I officially have all my fall decorations out. Fall is probably my favorite season.  Don't get me wrong, I love summer time and being outside but there's just something about fall that is special. You just can't beat all of the pretty colors in the leaves, wearing my favorite outfit of jeans (or lounge pants) and a sweatshirt, and having a caramel apple cider steamer from Smokey Row! Here is a picture of my wreath! I love it!

Finally, nothing says fall like...hunting! My husband is an avid hunter and, yes, I agreed to go hunting with him. No, I don't know what got into me. I think part of it is because I know it will make him very happy. Since I don't get to see him very often with his work schedule, I am actually looking forward to it. (We'll see how much I like it when we have to be out in the field at a crazy time in the morning!) So to prep for the big hunting trip, a few weekends ago, we went out to the local shooting range to practice. Also, since I'm going hunting with him this year, he bought a hunting blind to protect me from the wind. He's always looking out of me! We set it up in our dining room, and as you can see, we had fun with Sofie!
My husband just practicing his shot!
I liked the pretty butterfly and the empty shells. I was pretty proud of this shot.
Sofie and me :)
Ben & Sofie
The blind is ready for me to go hunting for the first time ever!

I hope you are all enjoying fall wherever you are! 

No comments:

Post a Comment