"There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven: a time to be born and a time to die, a time to plant and a time to uproot, a time to kill and a time to heal, a time to tear down and a time to build, a time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance, a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them, a time to embrace and a time to refrain, a time to search and a time to give up, a time to keep and a time to throw away, a time to tear and a time to mend, a time to be silent and a time to speak, a time to love and a time to hate, a time for war and a time for peace." Ecc. 3:1-8

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Finally Something Just for Us!

As promised in my last post, I am now going to share the "something just for us" post. Here's a little background story, though.

When Ben and I purchased our home 4 years ago, I was still in college at UNI, and he was the only one living here. He lived here for a year before we got married, and then, I moved in. Since we were paying for everything related to the house off of his one salary, we didn't really have too much money to spare. The previous owners of our  house were awesome to us. Not only did they leave us with 2 unused gallons of paint for us to chose the color, they also sold us their lawn mower and furniture (couch and recliner) super cheap. The couch was one of those dual reclining sofas which are normally $800+ and the recliner was an actual Lazy Boy one. We have been using this furniture for 4 years and it was great. It was actually still in very good condition but if someone would sit in the center of the sofa, they would literally sink in. The recliner had normal wear and tear on the seat and was pretty faded. Although we could have used this furniture until it was completely shot, we decided that we would buy brand new furniture. We have never gone on a big vacation, and we rarely buy anything just for us. I knew that if I didn't buy the furniture now, I would always make excuses as to why we didn't really need it. Both of us are super happy with new furniture we purchased. We bought it as a set so we now have a new couch, love seat, and chaise lounge chair. I love that chaise lounge chair! It's so comfortable! The color of the furniture is exactly what I was looking for. I can change the total look of it all by adding new throw pillows or new blankets. So here's a look at a couple of pictures of our old furniture...

We were babysitting my little niece B. Of course Sofie had to be in on the recliner action! :)

Two major decisions into purchasing our new furniture are represented in this photo. 1) We needed something that had a sturdy back to it so Sofie could look out the window. 2) We needed a couch that Ben would lay across with his 6'2" frame! (He did not want his picture taken this particular day!) :)
And now pictures of the new furniture...


I am so happy Ben and I decided to buy new furniture. It completely changes the look of our living room and we are excited to add even more of our own touches to our house now!

No comments:

Post a Comment