"There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven: a time to be born and a time to die, a time to plant and a time to uproot, a time to kill and a time to heal, a time to tear down and a time to build, a time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance, a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them, a time to embrace and a time to refrain, a time to search and a time to give up, a time to keep and a time to throw away, a time to tear and a time to mend, a time to be silent and a time to speak, a time to love and a time to hate, a time for war and a time for peace." Ecc. 3:1-8

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Finally Something Just for Me!

Well, I have not been a very good blogger lately. I started this blog to give me something to do while Ben was at work but now that it's summer and nice outside, I've been going on walks or runs at night right after work. It seems that when I am done doing that, it's already 7:30 and I still have to make supper, tend to Sofie, and shower. By the time I get all that done, it's time for bed! I've also been making a lot of cards. In fact, for my mom's birthday, I made her several "all occasions" cards. Here are some of my favorites...


This card was really easy to make. I stamped the flowers in different colors of ink, and then, used a dryer sheet over the top. I sprinkled glitter over the dryer sheet so it would have a pretty glow. I like how it turned out.



This card was very difficult. I had to individually stamp and cut out all of the flowers. Then, I had to create the flower pot free-hand. Although it was difficult, I think it turned out really cute and whoever receives it, I am sure will feel better with the bright and cheery colors.
 Since I have been making so many cards lately, and since I just recently had a birthday and received some birthday money, I purchased something I have been always wanting; a Sizzix Big Shot. What is a Sizzix Big Shot? Well, it's this bad boy...

Photo from Sizzix.com
The Big Shot cuts anything from cardstock to fabric. It also is for embossing. I ordered it last night, and I am so excited to get it. Maybe the next time I post cards, you'll be able to see some the things the Big Shot does.

My next post is going to be titled "Finally Something Just for Us!" so you'll want to be sure to check that out! I'll leave you all in suspense in the mean time! :)

1 comment:

  1. Such cute cards... love the get well one! I hope someday I have time to do that again!

    ReplyDelete