Well, I admit that the Super Bowl is currently on our living room tv, but Ben and Sofie are both sleeping ,and after working about 4 1/2 hours earlier today, I am about ready to go to sleep, too. We are real exciting people! :) Instead of having a usual supper, we decided to do snacky food. You might ask 'what in the heck is snacky food?' Well, to us Iowans, snacky food is the best! It usually consists of cheese, crackers, summer sausage or bologna, chips and dips, and other yummy appetizers. I picked up Pella bologna for Ben (yum!) and decided that I would attempt to make hot spinach dip for me. I absolutely love spinach dip but the one I made tonight was a big, ole fat FAIL! :( Bummer! Oh well. At least I know now that whenever I go to restaurants, I should just order it there because it is really expensive to try to make on your own and it's even worse when you throw all that money into the trash can...literally! No worries, though, I found enough things at home to keep my hunger at bay, and now, I'm all kicked back on the couch researching vacation spots. So even though I had a cooking fail tonight, I still count this as a good evening with my two loves sleeping blissfully next to me, vacation dreams in my head, and my mind and body finally taking a break. Life is good. Yeah. Life is good.
No comments:
Post a Comment