"There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven: a time to be born and a time to die, a time to plant and a time to uproot, a time to kill and a time to heal, a time to tear down and a time to build, a time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance, a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them, a time to embrace and a time to refrain, a time to search and a time to give up, a time to keep and a time to throw away, a time to tear and a time to mend, a time to be silent and a time to speak, a time to love and a time to hate, a time for war and a time for peace." Ecc. 3:1-8

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Is it bad?

Is it bad that it's only 7:30 P.M. on a Thursday night and all I want to do is sleep? I am currently in northern Iowa traveling for work. Last night was my first night in the hotel. I was just hating being away from Ben and Sofie. I have always been a homebody. Even when I went to UNI, for four years, I would come home pretty much every weekend (which of course was mainly was to see Ben), but nevertheless, I love being home. So, traveling for work isn't a real big deal, but I prefer not to have to spend the night. I realize that 1-2 nights is nothing compared to what some other auditors have to do, but I was still dreading being away from home. I drove about 2 hours last night so I could be at the client bright and early this morning but the bad thing was that I hardly got any sleep last night. I worked a full day today (and probably should even be working now) but I am just exhausted! When I woke up this morning, I discovered that it was raining/freezing rain outside. So even though I slept horrible last night, it was a good thing I didn't leave home early this morning. Had I left super early, I would have had to drive in some slick road conditions. I'm so glad God always has a plan for everything even though sometimes I don't always understand it until a little later.

"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

No comments:

Post a Comment