"There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven: a time to be born and a time to die, a time to plant and a time to uproot, a time to kill and a time to heal, a time to tear down and a time to build, a time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance, a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them, a time to embrace and a time to refrain, a time to search and a time to give up, a time to keep and a time to throw away, a time to tear and a time to mend, a time to be silent and a time to speak, a time to love and a time to hate, a time for war and a time for peace." Ecc. 3:1-8

Monday, December 13, 2010

I love Christmas time

I absolutely love Christmas and everything that goes along with it! Yes, I have to admit that I was one of those individuals who had their Christmas tree and decorations up prior to Thanksgiving (gasp!). For the past 2-3 weeks I have been watching all the TV Christmas movies on the Lifetime and Hallmark channels. Even though I've seen most of them before, I just can't resist watching them again! I am a sucker for corny, happy endings. I also love wrapping presents. Now I'm all for premade, packaged bows, and I often use them, but I find great joy in making presents look as pretty as I can. Most of the time, on December 26, I buy the wired ribbon that's usually on sale for 50% off. This wired ribbon is great for creating pretty bows for presents. Two years ago, I bought a huge spool of gold wired ribbon that has been great not only for Christmas presents but also for birthday gifts since the color is so versatile. I'm still using that gold ribbon and if you are reading this, you might just recognize it come December 25! I just love giving someone a gift and seeing them light up when they see the beauty of it on the outside. Not only do I love watching Christmas movies and wrapping beautiful presents, I also love another holiday aspect. Last year, my sister and I started a little tradition. Now that we both live in the same town, I am hoping we can continue this every year. What is the tradition you might ask? Well, it's making baked goodies of course! :) We each make big batches of about 2-3 different kinds of baked goodies, and then we divide them up equally. Not only does it save us both lots of time, but it also creates special memories. Finally, I love Christmas music. From the classics to the hymns, I love them all. I particularly like the hymns because of the message behind them and the true "reason for the season." What are some of your favorite traditions or aspects of Christmas?

No comments:

Post a Comment